Pinterested?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Quick and Simple Salmon Fillets

I can’t go sailing without leaving you with this easy bake-or-barbecue salmon recipe! Rather than give you precise measurements, mix these ingredients to taste, and to accommodate the number you’re serving!
Quick and Simple Salmon Fillets:
A little olive oil …
A little Dijon mustard …
A little anchovy paste ...
Salmon fillets, as required
Combine first three ingredients, brushing over both sides of salmon fillets. Place fillets skin-side down in foil-lined baking pan. Bake at 400 deg. F. at 10 min. per 1-inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part. If you prefer, throw fillets on the barbecue. This is a “guy thing” … I haven't a clue how to do it! 
(Ladies! You’ll never have to lift another barbecue lid if you feign ignorance! The immortal words of the wonderful Butterfly McQueen come to mind from Gone With the Wind: “I don't know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ no babies!” I've often whispered those words under my breath when it comes to washing windows, floors, doing dishes, scrubbing bath tubs ... you’ve caught my drift! It’s amazing how much work you can avoid!)
(Men! I am shocked! Shocked, I say! Imagine finding such words on my website! Fiddle-dee-dee! I would never have written this! Someone must have hacked my blog! I can't think about that now. If I do, I’ll go crazy! I’ll think about that tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!