Pinterested?

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Carrot and Other Tasty Juices

“Why, oh, why are you so delicate and slender, Nicole? Why, when you prepare so many luscious recipes, do you not look like a sumo wrestler?”
Hah! No one ever says that. I actually look like a sumo wrestler, even though the top-knot and diaper are flattering.
This is a dead-simple blog I’ve tested and glug-glugged many times! We have a juice maker. ’Nuff said, but that’s never stopped my torrent of words. 
Our juice maker wasn’t expensive. It’s not one of those models that require so much storage that you may as well offer it your parking spot in the garage. Nor does it have so many moving parts that it requires intricate cleaning. Having said all of that, I’m not going to tout this or that company, so you’re on your own at finding the make and model that suits you best. 
I will say that Ron does the juicing in this household, buzzing stemmed, washed, unpeeled carrots (how hard is that?through the machine, sometimes adding celery, beet, turnips, apple, and other wonderful things. In this way, we get a faceful of antioxidants and I manage to hold steady at 525 lb. (238 kg) instead of the 550 lb. (249 kg) my sumo wrestler genes crave.

Todays “recipe” is simple: Buy a juicer. If you want to invest in good health, it’s money well spent. 

Ignore the brand name on this and all other small appliances

in my kitchen! What’s right for me, may not be right for you.


BRRRT! In go the carrots, out comes the juice! Simple, wot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!