Pinterested?

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cranberry Sangria

The single most-popular recipe I’ve ever printed in this blog is one called Non-Alcoholic Cranberry Punch (posted May 20, 2011). Week after week, month after month, it continues to out-pace anything I’ve written before or since its publication. I know that because I read the data on which recipes are the most popular - and because I want to know what you like best because it governs my choice of future recipes. 

Knowing that so many of you love Non-Alcoholic Cranberry Punch (and almost anything else containing cranberries) has helped me select today’s final Sangria recipe - with cranberries, of course! This recipe contains alcohol - but not as much as my other Sangria recipes. This drink is a lighter, fruitier choice: I think you’ll find it quite delicious.

Cranberry Sangria:

6 c. cranberry cocktail, chilled
3 c. sweet red wine, chilled
1 orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
Simple syrup, as required (see Note)

Combine cranberry cocktail, wine, and sliced citrus in a large pitcher. Sweeten to taste with Simple Syrup. Chill several hours to blend flavors, serving in tall glasses with a fruit garnish.

Note: See the Index for How to Make Simple Syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!