Pinterested?

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Three Crantini Cocktails

I’ve made and tasted each of these drinks over the years, and each is excellent. 

Although this isn’t a political column, the people have spoken, and I’m going to raise a glass to the winner of the 2012 US presidential election! And then, at the bottom of this blog, I’m going to give you a thoughtful, well-considered political analysis of why I believe that winner was the better candidate and why he deserved to win.

Simple Cranberry Martini:

2 parts cranberry juice
1 part chilled vodka

Serve in chilled glasses. This drink is stirred - not shaken!      

Deluxe Cranberry Martini:

2 oz. (60 mL) vodka
1 oz. (30 mL) Cointreau
1 freshly squeezed lime
Enough cranberry juice to top off ice-filled martini shaker

Shake well. Serve in chilled glasses. Yields 2. This drink is shaken - not stirred!


The Classic Crantini:

1 c. (250 mL) cranberry juice
2 oz. (60 mL) currant vodka
Ice
Fresh cranberries and orange rind twists, as optional garnish

Place cranberry juice and currant vodka in cocktail shaker. Top with ice, shaking well. Strain into chilled martini glasses. Yields 2. This drink stirs and shakes the imbiber!



Cheers to the winner!

Photo: Google Images

And now, the moment of truth! Google says I’m not allowed to get into politics because I write a recipe blog, but I’m prepared to defy that directive! Lift your glasses before I start my political analysis! Google would’t dare cut me off in the middle of 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!