Pinterested?

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Curry-Roasted Cauliflower

It’s difficult to find a fresh approach to using cauliflower. Believe me, I’ve tried. That’s why I find this recipe exciting! 

It comes from this month’s issue of … Gourmet Magazine? Bon Appetit? Um … no … It’s the Jan. 13, 2014 Costco Connection. I’ve modified the method slightly.



Curry-Roasted Cauliflower:


1 medium head cauliflower

2 tbsp. (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil

½ tsp. (2.5 mL) curry powder

¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) ground cumin

¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) onion powder

¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) garlic powder

½ tsp. (2.5 mL) sea salt

½ tsp. (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper

1 tsp. (5 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice

2 tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro


Preheat oven to 475 deg. F.  Trim cauliflower into 2-in. (5-cm) florets. In large bowl, combine olive oil, curry powder, ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add florets, tossing well. Spread in a single layer on large baking sheet. Roast 15-to-20 min., until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkling with lemon juice and cilantro. Serves 6.


Note: Now, my darling grand-daughter … To me, your wig looks like a cauliflower! I love your impromptu words to this little dance:


“Yo! Let’s do this disco-style! Someone give me a disco ball so we can turn this whole world around!”



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about roasted cauliflower. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!