Pinterested?

Monday, May 7, 2012

Mushroom Soup in a Moment

Perhaps the most popular soup recipe I’ve ever published was my pal Dal’s Tomato, Tomato Soup (see the Index under Soup (Hot): Tomato, Tomato). I suspect its simplicity was what generated a big thumbs up from readers. Not to be outdone, my brother René offers up his Mushroom Soup in a Moment. I know it’s tasty because I’ve tried it! So, with my blog done for the day, I’m off to paint my toenails and engage in similar intellectual pursuits. 

René’s Mushroom Soup in a Moment:

One 10-oz. (284 mL) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
One 10-oz. (284 mL) can sliced mushrooms, drained
One 1 c. chicken broth

Combine and stir over medium heat. Serves 30 unwelcome guests, or 3 to 4 welcome ones.


Assemble ingredients (I used chicken
stock concentrate with boiling water)

Use fresh or canned stock or add water to 2 tsp. concentrate

Combine well and heat through. It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!