Pinterested?

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Chocolate-Bran Muffins

Another favorite! My long-ago friend, Elaine McAndrew, gave me this recipe. I think of her each time I make it. Your recipes are part of your legacy. Share them! 


Delicious - and nutritious!



Chocolate-Bran Muffins:


1 - 16 oz. (500 g) pkg double-layer chocolate cake mix

1-1/3 c. (330 mL) water

8 large eggs

1-1/2 c. (375 g) natural wheat bran (see Sickening Blech! Note)


Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Combine all ingredients, mixing well (as you would for a cake, rather than for most muffins). Spoon into ungreased paper liners in muffin pan, filling each 2/3 full. Bake about 18 min., or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 2-1/2 dozen standard-sized muffins.  These freeze well.


From start to finish ... Less than 30 min.!


Sickening Blech! Note: One fine day, tra-la-tra-lee, I decided to make these with oat bran (which is pebbly) instead of natural wheat bran, which is flaked. They looked and smelled so-o-o-o delicious that I donated them to a community group before I’d sampled them. This is where the “blech!” part came in. I later learned that they were awful. Use only natural wheat bran.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!