Pinterested?

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hummus

Although I’ve never been to Morocco, I’ve always wanted to go. Cooking Moroccan dishes transports me there - at least, in my imagination!
Hummus:
One 19-oz. can (540 mL) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
1 tbsp. (15 mL) garlic juice or two large cloves of garlic, minced
½ c. (125 mL) olive oil
2 tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
1 tbsp. (15 mL) dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. (5 mL) dried onion flakes
¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) curry powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mash together until smooth and well blended, using the back of a spoon (I use the “pulse” control of my food processor). Cover and refrigerate 1 hr., allowing flavors to blend.  Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint. Cut pita bread in half horizontally. Bake in a single layer, 350 deg. F. 10-to-15 min.or until brown, spooning with Hummus.

You may want to try Hummus Wraps or Trudy’s Hummus, each on this blog. Parmesan Pita Crisps pair perfectly with Hummus, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!