Pinterested?

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ron’s BBQ Sauce

The growing size of this recipe blog has forced me to launch today’s recipe with a Legal Disclaimer: It has come to my attention that I must clarify my recipe commentary of a few short days ago. When I wrote: “Today, I couldn't bully a borscht recipe from a Bulgarian, even if I peeled his beets,” I did not mean to suggest that I would trade sexual favors to any Bulgarian, living or dead, in exchange for a Borscht recipe. For legal (or illegal) reasons, I must remind my Bulgarian readers that sometimes a beet is just a beet. Any resemblance to any Bulgarian, living or dead, was and is unintended and purely coincidental. (Further, it is widely known that no man has ever seen me naked unless he’s written me into his will. Unfortunately, having seen me in my ill-fitting birthday suit, certain men have written me out of their wills). 
That bit of business over with, I have a truly great recipe, today! If spring is here, can summer be far behind? (When I write “behind,” I do not mean to suggest ...) And so I present you with Ron’s BBQ Sauce! Slather it on your meat! It’s guaranteed to be the best you’ve ever tasted! 

Legal Disclaimer: By “Slather it on your meat!” I do not mean to suggest … Oh, never mind! 
Ron’s BBQ Sauce:
1 c. ketchup
¼ c. lemon juice
¼ c. honey or light brown sugar 
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. prepared mustard (such as French’s or a Dijon variety)
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt (Ron omits the salt entirely)
¼ tsp. thyme
Combine well, simmering 5 min. Cool and bottle. This keeps in the fridge for a month. Great for basting chicken, baby back ribs, or any meat or fish, it doesn’t flare up on the barbecue. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Note: This sauce is so versatile that Ron always makes a double batch. Handy to keep on hand, it costs only pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!