Pinterested?

Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome to My Recipe Blog!

I’m Nicole Parton and this is my very first post to my very first blog! My daughter Erin surprised me with this blog for my 65th birthday - today! 


Using my name, she’s been posting past recipes and alerting some of my friends without my knowing anything about what she was doing. Today, Erin handed over the keys to the kingdom! 


I’m a serious cook who began messing around in the kitchen nearly 60 years ago. I’ve had my share of disasters (like the time my sister Paulette poured out the contents of the sugar canister and substituted salt while I was making a cake. That literally took the cake - because no one else would!). 


Am I a great cook? Definitely not, but I like to cook, and that’s a good first step. I suspect we all make mistakes in the kitchen; reading about my bloopers may make you feel better about yours. So pull up a chair and stay awhile. I hope you’ll find some new and interesting recipes here, as well as having a little fun. I’m doing “birthday stuff” today, but will blog more often when things settle down.


xox  Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!