Pinterested?

Monday, June 15, 2015

Broccoli Slaw (Version 2)

My trusty friend Lorna, who is full of good ideas, sent me this recipe four years ago. As the toad-ally organized person on which I pride myself to be, I tucked it into an unlabeled file and forgot about it. So there it was, staring me in the face, and there I was, with every single ingredient on hand. How could I not try it? Once I did, I knew I’d be making this gorgeous salad over and over again. 


Add some cooked chicken, and this is all you’ll need for a main course summer meal, but I like it just fine as a scrumptious summer salad! The quantity below serves 2 or 3.


To Prepare the Salad:


Broccoli Slaw:


1-1/2 c. (375 mL) chopped broccoli, trimmed into flowerets and peeled, sliced stalks

1 or 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated

1/2 apple, unpeeled and diced into 1/2-in. (1.27 cm) pieces

1/3 c. (80 mL) dried cranberries

3 tbsp. (45 mL) sunflower or pumpkin seeds, toasted 5 or 6 min. 


In work bowl, combine all ingredients except seeds. Toss lightly and set aside.


To Prepare the Dressing:


Yogurt Dressing:


2 tbsp. (30 mL) full-fat, plain yogurt (such as Greek yogurt)

2 tbsp. (30 mL) mayonnaise

1 tbsp. (15 mL) apple cider vinegar

1 tbsp. (15 mL) maple syrup


Shake together in a covered jar. Pour over salad, tossing well. Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 or 3 hr. ahead, adding seeds immediately before serving.


Rinse!



Slice!


Serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!