Pinterested?

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Margo Oliver’s Lasagna

 What day izzit? What month? What year?

I’ve been on a working sabbatical from this blog for a couple of months and (considering I’ve been very, very bad and have taken several sabbaticals from the sabbatical), it looks like I’ll be a while longer. Patience, Grasshopper!


I’ve also been naughty and done a little scribbling on my second blog, but am about to take a break from that, too: https://whatsonnicolepartonsmind.blogspot.com


A reader recently left a comment asking if I could find “Margo Oliver’s Lasagna” recipe. I searched my cookbooks: Nothing. I looked online: Plenty of mentions, but I didn’t want to create (or give an existing) password to unfamiliar sites. I canvassed friends: No luck.


Being the easily distracted kind, I phoned my local library, leaving a pretty big ask on voice mail. Please find me Margo Oliver’s Lasagna recipe: Can’t find it online; can’t go to the library because of COVID; and oh, by the way, don’t have a library card. So give me 40 lashes with a wet lasagna noodle, already! 


Three days later, a Librarian-From-Heaven named Nathan sent me an email. Not only had he found one Oliver lasagna recipe, but three. This was terrific news. Margo Oliver was Canada’s Betty Crocker - famous. (As well as being the easily distracted kind, I’m the more-or-less illiterate kind, and am never quite sure the URLs I post will actually link to sites. Why my own does, I have no idea. So if you can, try this link to read about the late Oliver’s life, career, and many excellent cookbooks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margo_Oliver


To sum up: When Darling Nathan delivered in spades, I said a quiet prayer for librarians everywhere, and thought I’d print these recipes for my anonymous reader. I sure as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks hope s/he sees this reply because I’ve taken a sabbatical from my blogging sabbatical to reprint these recipes.


As well as being the easily distracted kind, and the more-or-less illiterate kind, I’m the time-stretched kind, so am sending you the screen shots Dear Heart Nathan sent me. Don’t kvetch ... You know perfectly well how to use a magnifying glass. Because these recipes are Margo Oliver’s, you can bet your patootie they’ll be good.


Back to my sabbatical! 


https://nicoleparton.blogspot.com/2021/01/wip-honey-wip.html


xox Nicole






2 comments:

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!