Pinterested?

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning Mix

It’s not often I go bonkers over the loss of a commercial product. I did last March, when I phoned and later wrote the Consumer Affairs Department of McCormick & Company, a self-described global leader in flavor, seasonings and spice products.


I make many things from scratch, but McCormick makes the best commercial spaghetti sauce I’ve ever tasted.


The problem is, this outstanding product is no longer available in the Time Zone and at the Latitude Where I Live. So I kicked up a (polite) fuss. Did no good. Some smart (not-me) cookie came up with a recipe for the stuff. 


Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning Mix:


1 tbsp. (15 mL)  garlic powder

1 tbsp. (15 mL)  onion powder

2 tbsp. (30 mL) dried oregano
3 tbsp. (45 mL) dried basil 

1 tbsp. (15 mL) dried rosemary
2 tsp. (10 mL) black pepper, freshly ground


Combine ingredients well. Store in an airtight container in a dark space (such as a spice drawer) to use another day. Add according to taste to your homemade or anned tomato sauce. This recipe’s definitely a keeper! This recipe's especially great with Sophia’s Slow-Simmered Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs.


How to use: Just add some of this spaghetti seasoning to your pasta sauce as it cooks, according to taste. Even better: Follow Sophia’s recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!