Pinterested?

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ron’s Arf ’n’ Arf Balsamic Salad Dressing

All right pets, I’ve now given you all the recipes I promised after taking my brief sabbatical of a week ago. I use the word “pets” advisedly, because I haven’t forgotten promising the (sigh!) dogs in my reading audience a recipe of their own. As regular readers (all two of you) will remember, the  “followers” of this cooking blog include two canines. I like dogs, but ever since they became “followers,” they’ve hung around my kitchen, begging for scraps. Ron does the same thing, but he’s a better conversationalist.

I couldn’t think of a thing to serve the dogs who read this blog, so decided to rename what we’ve always called Ron’s Balsamic Dressing. Because it uses half extra-virgin olive oil and half balsamic vinegar, its renaming as Ron’s Arf ’n’ Arf Balsamic Salad Dressing was ridiculously obvious. Say “fleas and thank you,” Puppies! 

Ron’s Arf ’n’ Arf Balsamic Vinaigrette:

½ c. extra-virgin salad oil
½ c. white or dark balsamic vinegar (good quality)
½  tsp. liquid honey
1 heaping tsp. leaf oregano (use fresh oregano, if possible)
1 tsp. powdered ginger
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. coarsely ground pepper
Dash of salt

Place all ingredients in covered jar. Shake and serve. Store in the kitchen cupboard, at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!