Pinterested?

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Perfect Loutini

Luciano Del Rio: The ultimate gentleman.
He died this week. 
He once made me what I and everyone else considered the perfect martini. He kissed my hand, as a gentleman would, when he presented it to me. Lou’s martinis were stirred, not shaken. They were famous - so good that his friends called them Loutinis. Ron and I and Lou’s many friends will miss him.
The Perfect Loutini: A Tribute to a Friend
Chill glasses in freezer. For each martini, use:
4 oz. Bombay Sapphire gin
2 tsp. extra-dry Vermouth
Stir together with ice. Strain and serve, garnished with three pimiento-stuffed queen olives on a cocktail pick.

Note: This is a very strong martini! I recommend you sip it slowly, and restrict yourself to one.

Stir together with ice

To your good health, Dollinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!