Pinterested?

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

How to Make Pork Stock

I’ve long been a fan of the versatility of pork. When I wrote the unforgettable (for me) Miss Piggy Goes to Market, I learned that pork uses every part of the pig except the squeal. So let’s start with the bone I carved from the whole pork leg I recently hauled home. Soup, anyone?

How to Make Pork Stock: 

1 large pork bone from leg and/or shoulder 
Pork knuckle bones, if available 
Assorted vegetables

Follow the same recipe and method as in How to Make Beef Stock. Roasting the bones and vegetables will deepen the flavor and color of any broth you prepare.

While a large pork bone isn’t exactly pretty, having pork stock in your freezer will produce many simple, nutritious, and low-calorie soups - one of an infinite variety of soups and other dishes you can make from various homemade stocks! Save a cupful of this lovely stock and set 1 lb. (454 g) of cubed pork aside! My scrumptious Sweet ’n’ Sour Pork is one of many Chinese dishes can enjoy when you learn How to Make Pork Stock. So is the over-the-top outstanding Denny Boyd’s Christmas Eve Pea Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!