Pinterested?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Curried Tuna Spread

When I prepare for a party, I often love to try something slightly more complex than I’d normally make … that’s how I challenge myself and learn. But because there are only so many minutes in a day and I have only so much energy (and dwindling fast), I compensate by squeezing the minutes with a few super-quick recipes. This Curried Tuna Spread recipe is one of my hurry-up favorites!
Curried Tuna Spread:

2 green onions, finely chopped (in some parts of the world, these are known as “spring” onions)
8 oz. (250 g) pkg cream cheese, softened and cut into small chunks
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 6-oz. (170 g) can flaked white tuna, drained
1 tsp. curry powder
½ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
Fresh chopped parsley, as garnish
Mixing by hand, combine all ingredients except parsley in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at medium power for 1-to-1-½ min., or until warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with crudités or crackers. This spread may be made a couple of days ahead, and stored covered in the fridge until needed. It is outstanding!


Assemble what you need

Serve with crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!