Pinterested?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Super Simple Batter-Dipped French Toast

Vinnie Corleone, son of Michael: “Yo! Why don’ your people an’ my people set up a meetin’ so we can talk turkey? No dead horses in the bed, no nuthin’! Capiche?” 


Nicole: “Instead of turkey, why don’t I serve you my Super Simple Batter-Dipped French Toast for brunch?” 


Vinnie: “Yeah? … Yer okay fer an ol’ broad! So that means I’m stayin’ over?”


Nicole: “I’d rather have a dead horse in my bed.” 


Vinnie: “Whaddya say?”


Nicole: “I’d rather have a main course, instead.”


Vinnie: “But I’m still on fer the Super Simple Batter-Dipped French Toast, right?”


Nicole: “Not if I kill you, first.”


Vinnie: “Whaddya say?”


Nicole: “Not if I thrill you, first.”


Vinnie (to himself): “I knew the broad wuz nuts about me ...”


*   *   *


Everyone loves brunch - even mobsters! (Frankie’s just dived to the bottom of his bowl. He thought I said lobsters.) Make this for the bad boys (or bad girls) in your life, and they’ll eat right out of your hand! But give them a plate, anyway.


Super Simple Batter-Dipped French Toast:


1 c. (250 mL) pancake mix

1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon

½ tsp. (2.5 mL) nutmeg

1 c. (250 mL) milk

2 large eggs

12 slices day-old white bread


Preheat lightly greased skillet or griddle to 350 deg. F. In a large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together milk and eggs, adding all at once to dry ingredients. Using an electric beater, beat combined ingredients until no lumps remain. 


Transfer batter to pie pan. Dip both sides of each bread slice into mixture, allowing excess batter to drip off. Drop battered bread onto hot griddle or skillet until golden, flipping only once. Serve hot, with butter, maple syrup, and fresh fruit on the side.


Note: This blog features several interesting variations of French Toast. They’ll pop up if you put those two words into the search box at the top left of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!