Pinterested?

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Craisin-Broccoli Salad

Go ahead! Accuse me of superlatives, but this is (currently) my very favorite all-seasons’ salad. We can’t seem to get enough of it! Our happy little household eats it so fast that (truly, I mean it!) I haven’t been able to get a photo - until now - and that was just after I threw everything into a bowl without even tossing it. I generally scale this salad down, for our small household. The full recipe’s below.


Combine nutritious ingredients; add easy dressing!

Courtesy of my favorite producer of Craisins ®, here’s the recipe for (tah-dah!) ... 

Craisin-Broccoli Salad:

5 c. (1.25 L) broccoli florets, rinsed, blotted dry with paper towel, cut into 1/2-in. (1.27 cm) pieces
1/2 c. (125 mL) red onion, finely chopped
1 c. (250 mL) sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. (250 mL) cooked and crumbled bacon pieces, fat drained away and patted dry (about 12 slices)
1/3 c. (85 mL) toasted sunflower seeds or other small nuts and seeds
1-1/2 c. (375 mL) sweetened whole dried cranberries aka Craisins ® 

Toss together. May be prepared, covered, and refrigerated several hours ahead. Add dressing to salad, toss and refrigerate an additional hour to let flavors blend, making it the perfect make-ahead party salad. Serves 6-to-8.

Sweet ’n’ Simple Dressing:

1 c. (250 mL) mayonnaise 
1/4 c. (50 mL) granulated sugar
2 tbsp. (30 mL) red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp. (1 mL) fine black pepper

Shake in covered jar until well-combined.  

Note: This delicious dressing also works splendidly with coleslaw. I always double the recipe: Covered, dated, and refrigerated, this dressing will keep three weeks.

Idiot Me, Note: I literally did not get a photo of the finished salad - again! I took the single snap above, but nothing more. We wolfed down this salad, as we always do. Trust me, it's delicious. And trust the photo ... This will immediately become one of your favorite recipes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!