Pinterested?

Sunday, April 16, 2023

One Click: An Overview

This blog is 12 years old: Time to make your recipe search faster and easier! I’ll be the first to admit my Index is overly long and complex!

For some while (on and off), I’ve been working on a categorization system I’ve named One ClickRather than suggest you check the lengthy, complex, and often frustrating Index in your recipe search, I’m partway through a process of providing quick links to the recipe you’re looking for as well as others in a similar categories. 

Feel like making stew? The post headed Stew: One Click will quickly take you to a listing of every stew recipe in this blog. No more scrolling: One Click will take you there. The Index doesn’t do that, because you’d need to search for Stew/Pork, Stew/Chicken, and so on. The search box won’t do that, either, because many other hits that barely mention the word stew also pop up.

I still have plenty of work ahead of me (and take l-o-n-g breathers because getting there is tiring), but that’s the direction in which this blog is heading. I’ve also been changing the teensy-weensy fonts in which I started this blog, as well as adding metric to the Imperial measurements already there. Unfortunately, Google’s Blogger platform has some bugs and instability that sometimes make the work unnecessarily difficult and frustrating.  

When I finally complete this lengthy process (not in months, but likely years), you’ll have a far easier and more interesting search tool at your disposal. To the best of my knowledge, no other recipe blog uses a system like this. 

Down the road, expect a greatly simplified Index, making it much easier for you to find what you’re looking for. Several One Click listings already appear in the Index. Examples:


These and other recipe categories will also appear in reverse. Try Chicken Wings: See One Click or Turkey: See One Click, etc. On the surface, not much has changed - except that Nicole Parton’s Favorite Recipes is gradually evolving into a more effective tool for your quicker and easier recipe picks. I hope youll feel as enthusiastic about these changes as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!